SUPPORT FOR ALL
Apprenticeship offer for schools
Worcestershire Apprenticeship Hub is a partnership of organisations working together to provide a coordinated approach to the development and delivery of Apprenticeships across Worcestershire. Established to support schools in meeting the Gatsby benchmarks, provide students, parents or teaching staff with the knowledge and understanding of Apprenticeships and provide the link between education and business.
The main aims are:
- Help students understand the world of work, different industry sectors and job roles
- Learn from employers about work, employment and the skills valued in the workplace
- Enable young people to make more informed career choices Post 16
- Support Apprenticeship applications by simplifying the application process
- Inform parents and teaching staff of apprenticeships and how they work
Please see the full offer here AppHub Offer Jul23
There are 7 fully funded opportunities for schools to engage with:
- Apprenticeship Talks to years 7-13, parents or teaching staff
- Apprenticeship Workshops to years 11-3 focussing on vacancy search and application support
- Industry visit days for years 10-13 involving off site visits to employer premises
- Industry Talks to years 7-13 led by employers and partners
- Mock interview days for years 11-13
- Apprenticeship Career Fayre support for years 7-13
- Sector specific workshops for years 11-13, which includes hands on group activities
Digital and Cyber
AgriTech and Land Based Engineering
Early Years and Paediatric First Aid
We offer 1-1 support for anyone aged 16-24 looking for an apprenticeship.
Are you looking to create your future workforce? Hiring an apprentice could be the answer to increasing your workforce.
SUPPORT FOR ALL
Work experience – Worcestershire Education Business Partnership
When applying for an apprenticeship, having work experience is a fantastic way for an individual to show an employer
the skills that they already possess, especially if they
don’t have any previous employment experience.
WEBP seeks to promote the Worcestershire economic community through effective partnership between schools and business in preparing young people for the world of work.
We aim to improve the motivation, achievements and contentment of our young people, ensuring that they maximise their potential, by working with local businesses and the wider community to enhance and improve their progression from education to work, thus contributing to the highly skilled workforce of the future.
WEBP provide a complete work experience service for schools in Worcestershire.
Our extensive data bases of over 4500+ employers and our comprehensive management systems ensure that we can cater for all school needs.
- Comprehensive managed service with student search options for placements
- Preparation and follow up sessions with students, parents and tutors
- Experienced, qualified health and safety staff to check placement suitability
- Extended work experience placement opportunities
For further information please visit www.webp.org.uk
"Session went well – included information to comply with new PAL. Tutors commented that students were engaged, session was informative and good CPD for them as well. Via TEAMS enabled students to ask questions via their tutors and to be more engaged than sat in a large assembly hall."
Virtual full year group talks for yrs 7&8 – Nov’22 (Hanley Castle)
"Several of my Form were a little nervous before hand, but every one of them have told me they enjoyed the interview and found it really useful, with the interviewers being approachable and informative (many of my lot said they 'got the job'!). Definitely a valuable experience for them. Yesterday *student* did his mock interview, and he came back a completely different confident student. He was sharing how he performed with the class and how they could do well in their own interviews. He totally came out of his shell. It was wonderful to observe."
Yr11 Mock Interviews – Dec’22 (Chase, Malvern)
"Kerry was very approachable and enthusiastically interacted with students throughout the event, providing advice and guidance about apprenticeship programmes to enable them to make informed choices about their post 16 options"
Careers fair various year groups – Jan’23 (Blessed Edward)