There are many different organisations who exist to provide support to businesses employing apprentices.
Business is GREAT
The National Apprenticeship Service is just one of a wide range of Government services available to small and medium businesses, to support you to flourish and grow. We are listening to what you tell us you need from Government and developing our approach and priorities with your support with particular emphasis on:
- Opening up opportunities by enabling SMEs to access public procurement opportunities more easily
- Boosting business know-how by improving the Government’s business support offer so that businesses can find what they need to start and grow their business
- Promoting growth in new markets through UKTI’s services that offer tailored training, planning and support to help prepare SMEs for exporting overseas
- Improving access to finance by enabling better access to both debt and equity finance and establishing the Business Bank
- Making it easier to employ people by streamlining employment law and through the Apprenticeships and Traineeships programmes
- Saving businesses time by reducing red tape and simplifying our tax system
There is a new business support website, www.greatbusiness.gov.uk that will make it easy to access all these services and products, including Manufacturing Advice Service, Growth Accelerator and UK Trade and Investment that help businesses grow.
Worcestershire Business Central
Start up and existing businesses face many choices and challenges in the course of their development. The Business Support team works in partnership with a number of support organisations to provide free advice and training throughout Worcestershire. They help businesses access up to date information so that they can make informed decisions that benefit their company.
Free services include:
- Assistance with writing a business plan – where to start and what information to include.
- Advice on current schemes from the network of agencies in Worcestershire – signposting you to where the subsidised initiatives are and how to access them.
- Access to grants and loans through external partners
- To contact a Business Support officer:
Telephone: 01905 677 888
The national information hub and knowledge sharing network for businesses interested in apprenticeships.
Join Apprenticemakers for free to connect with other businesses that have been through the process and gain from their knowledge and experience of running an apprenticeship scheme.If you’ve already run an apprenticeship scheme in your business, join for free to share your experience and top tips with those just starting out on the process.
As an Apprenticemaker you can benefit from resources, webinars, case studies and forums, all designed to support and inspire businesses interested in starting and growing their apprenticeships activities.