Bursary and loans
WORCESTERSHIRE APPRENTICESHIPS BURSARY
What is the WA Bursary?
The WA Bursary is a £500 Bursary to help with the initial costs associated with your apprenticeship and give you the best start in your apprenticeship journey. You’ll be able to spend your bursary on things like travel, uniform, equipment and other similar things that will help you complete your apprenticeship.
First, you’ll get £250 as an upfront payment when your bursary application is approved and you begin your apprenticeship. The remaining £250 can be used to get money back for expenses related to your apprenticeship. We’ll give you all the necessary information on how to do this once you apply.
To be eligible:
- You will have obtained your apprenticeship through signing up to the WA Account
- You are receiving an apprentice salary of £15,000 per year or less before tax
- You live in a Worcestershire postcode You are between 16 and 24 years old
- Your apprenticeship is an approved Apprenticeship standard or framework, and the training organisation is on the approved register todeliver the apprenticeship
To claim the bursary, follow these steps:
- To request the bursary, simply let us know by requesting it on your account.
- We’ll check with your training provider to see if you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Based on your eligibility, we’ll either approve or decline your request.
You’ll receive a notification of this either way on your WA Account.
- If your request is approved, we’ll send you an application form and a bank details form.
Fill them out, sign them, and email them back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you’ve completed these steps, you’re all set!
- When you start your apprenticeship, you’ll receive an initial bursary payment of £250.
After that, you can claim expenses and get reimbursed using the remaining amount of your bursary.
Care Leavers Bursary
- The care leavers bursary is for eligible apprentices who are in care or are care leavers. It will help remove financial barriers to accessing and completing apprenticeships.
- The bursary is separate to the additional funding that employers and training providers can receive to support care leaver apprentices.
More details about the bursary and eligibility can be found on the government website:www.gov.uk/government/publications/apprenticeships-bursary-for-care-leavers/apprenticeships-care-leavers-bursary-policy-summary
Wychavon District Council have an Apprentice Bursary Grant to support apprentices with travel, clothing and tools. The Information sheet for the bursary and application form can be found below