30 of Worcestershire’s best apprentices, employers, training providers and schools have been announced as finalists at the Worcestershire Apprentice Awards 2017 and tables can now be booked.
All 10 categories received a large amount of nominations and a record number of entries have progressed through to this year’s awards finals. Judges for the awards have described the finalists as highlighting the exceptionally positive contribution that apprenticeships have on the local workforce.
Awards finalists, businesses and guests will attend the Worcestershire Apprenticeship Awards at 6:30pm, on Thursday 16 November at the Tree Tops Pavilion, West Midland Safari Park, where the winners of each category will be announced. The ceremony is once again set to attract a large audience of over 300 people.
The popular celebration event will culminate in the two overall awards of Apprenticeship Employer of the Year, which is sponsored by Yamazaki Mazak UK Ltd and Apprentice of the Year, sponsored by Worcester Bosch Group, to recognise outstanding achievement.
Tables have now gone on sale and spaces at the high-profile event are limited. Seats cost £85 each and a table of 10 can be bought for £800 and those who wish to attend, are being urged to secure their places at the earliest opportunity.
Gary Woodman, Chief Executive of Worcestershire Local Enterprise Partnership, said: “To reach the finals of the awards is an incredible achievement and highlights the outstanding ability and dedication of our local apprentices, employers, schools and training providers. I look forward to celebrating these achievements at the awards and I would urge all interested parties to book their place at the event as soon as possible.”
Cllr Marcus Hart, Cabinet Member with responsibility for Education and Skills at Worcestershire County Council, added: “My congratulations go to everyone who has been shortlisted for the Worcestershire Apprenticeship Awards final. The fantastic quality of this year’s entries and nominations highlights the hugely positive impact that apprenticeships have for the growth of apprentices and businesses all over the county.”
For the full list of the finalists for this year’s awards and for more information on taking on an apprentice, visit www.worcsapprenticeships.org.uk. To book a table or secure your seat at the awards, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awards Finalists 2017
School of the year – sponsored by Careers and Enterprise Company
- Droitwich Spa High School
- Pershore High School
- Worcester Sixth Form College
Intermediate Level Apprentice of the year – sponsored by Titania
- Ben Hyde – Sanctuary Group – Worcester
- Marc Dixon – Amtek Components Kidderminster Ltd – Kidderminster
- Michael Hope – Thursfields Solicitors – Worcester
Advanced Level Apprentice of the year – sponsored by Southco Manufacturing Ltd
- Dale Astley – Yamazaki Mazak – Worcester
- Lauren Baker – Green Lighting Ltd – Worcester
- Tom Morris – Morgan – Malvern
Higher Level Apprentice of the year – sponsored by Morgan Motor Company
- Emily Draper – Worcester Cathedral – Worcester
- James Ashcroft – Sanctuary Group – Worcester
- Ellie Harrison – Titania – Worcester
Newcomer Apprenticeship Employer – sponsored by Vestia Community Trust
- AW Computers – Redditch
- Hogarths Stone Manor Hotel – Kidderminster
- Ping Marketing – Evesham
Small Apprenticeship Employer of the year – sponsored by Herefordshire & Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce
- Bradley Haynes Law – Worcester
- Buzz Electrical Ltd – Evesham
- Green Lighting Ltd – Worcester
Medium Apprenticeship Employer of the year – sponsored by WBL Consultancy
- CP Foods UK Ltd – Kidderminster
- GT Access Ltd – Bromsgrove
- Heller Machine Tools – Redditch
Large Apprenticeship Employer of the year – sponsored by Sanctuary Group
- Amada UK – Kidderminster
- Southco Manufacturing Limited – Worcester
- Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust – Worcester
Apprentice Ambassador of the Year – sponsored by Heartbeat – The Training Academy
- Faisal Ziab (Sanctuary Group) – Worcester
- Pippa Dressler-Pearson (Southco Manufacturing Ltd) – Worcester
- Sam Batkin (Ormerod Rutter) – Droitwich
Training Provider of the Year – sponsored by Worcestershire Training Providers Association
- Midland Group Training Services Ltd – Redditch
- The Development Manager Ltd – Bewdley
- Warwickshire College Group – Pershore
Worcestershire Apprentice of the year sponsored by Worcester Bosch Group
The Apprentice of the Year will be decided from winners of other awards.
Worcestershire Apprenticeship Employer of the year sponsored by Yamazaki Mazak UK Ltd
The Apprenticeship Employer of the Year will be decided from winners of other awards.