The resources below should assist you throughout the application and interview processes and provide information and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
Higher Degree Apprenticeship Factsheet
Higher and degree apprenticeships combine work with study and may include a work-based, academic or combined qualification or a professional qualification relevant to the industry.
Higher apprenticeships range from Level 4 to 7 and are equivalent to a foundation degree and above. Degree apprenticeships are available at Level 6, which is equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree and Level 7, which is equivalent to a Master’s degree.
Worcester Careers Central
Online career support for students, parents and careers advisors providing all the information a young person will need to map out their career pathway. Focused on Worcestershire’s key growth sectors, it highlights the qualifications, work experience and the skills required.
Careers of the future
New Guide to All Apprentices from the Skills Funding Agency
Applying for Worcestershire vacancies – useful guide
Applying for National vacancies
The Apprenticeship application process requires that you identify and apply for job vacancies which fit your skill set and desired career. The resources in this section will assist you throughout the job seeking and application process.
- National Apprenticeships Apprentice Support Pack – get up to speed quickly with how apprenticeship programmes work, how to get started and tips for job interviews with potential employers. An step by step candidate guide providing information from registering to applying for Apprenticeship opportunities.
- Apprenticeships self-development pack for young people – a step-by-step guide and workbook to aid you in finding your ideal apprenticeship.
- Don’t dream it, do it – How to write a winning application – A useful guide including hints and tips on how to write a winning application, and maximise your chances of securing that apprenticeship.
Involving your parent or guardian
- A parent’s guide to Apprenticeships – an introduction to apprenticeships for parents and guardians.
- http://www.careersadviceforparents.org/p/free-expert-advice.html Careers Advice for Parents – useful resources and information
- National Careers Service – the NCS provide free, impartial careers advice and will help you find the pathway that’s right for you.
Apprenticeships in One Word
Got a minute to spare and want to get the gist on apprenticeships? Check out this video in which apprentices from fashion & textiles, creative & digital media and advertising & marketing communications across England tell you their words to describe apprenticeships
School Leavers – Need help with writing a good CV?
Provides loads of information on alternative options to university including Apprenticeships http://www.notgoingtouni.co.uk/
What to wear to a job interview